I felt lied to whenever my morning sickness didn’t end after the ‘morning’ anyone else?🙋♀️. I ended up having all day sickness which really sucked booty hole, because your girl loves some food and I couldn’t keep anything down! These were the main things that helped calm my nausea. I was limited to food, because I can’t swallow pills (I am a child I know), so anything the doctor recommended that was in pill form was a no go.
- Ginger candy-these were a LIFE SAVER! I sucked on these 4-5x’s a day and while it did help the nausea would immediately come back afterwards if I didn’t eat something small.
- Crackers-I would eat one saltine cracker as soon as I woke up and that normally would help settle my stomach. However, depending on the day they didn’t help throughout the day.
- Bagels-another life saver! I went through so many food options and nothing was working. Someone mentioned bagels and cream cheese and it worked. I ate it for 8 months straight for breakfast and sometimes for dinner.
- Chips-you will soon learn I am obsessed with chips. I ate them all the time as a kid, pre-pregnancy, and definitely during. Of course, they aren’t the most micro dense option, so I would buy the small variety bags to help with portion control. These helped from mid-afternoon to the evening.
- Hamburger-this only worked in my 2nd and 3rd trimester. Eff that meat aversion and taking away my protein gains. I ate a turkey burger, on a bun, and would add whatever condiments. I don’t know if it was the mixture of veggies, meat, and carbs, but it worked and I at it 1-2x’s a day.
- Salads-I hate salads. Very rarely do you hear me say ‘I want a salad’😂. In the 2nd and 3rd trimester I craved it and could handle the meat in the salad. Again, must’ve been the combination. I would add spinach/kale, chia/flax seed, light dressing, banana peppers, and whatever meat. Between this and the turkey burgers it was the only source of protein I was getting, so I couldn’t complain.
I know these are random, but I don’t believe in the traditional morning sickness remedies, because nothing helped mine. I believe it depends on your preferences and what helps settle your stomach normally. I don’t drink sodas (it will make my nausea worse), I hate ginger ale or anything lemon flavored, and the pressure point bands didn’t work. Tell me what helped your ‘morning’ sickness if you dealt with it👇.